4 May 2018/V1
This website is provided by Amerplast Ltd (“Amerplast”). The expressions, “we”, “us”, “our”, etc., within this privacy statement refer to Amerplast and the companies belonging to the same Group. The expressions, “you”, “your”, etc., refer to you as a user of the website, regardless of whether you have registered to use the website. Read this website privacy statement thoroughly, and do not use the website if you do not accept all of the modes of operation described herein.
We know that your personal details are important to you, and they are also important to us. That is why we process personal details in a careful and sensible manner. Amerplast is renowned for its high-quality products and excellent customer service. In addition to this, we are committed to protecting your privacy online. This website’s privacy statement describes how your personal details are collected, processed and used when you visit our website.
Summary of the privacy statement:
We are committed to protecting our users’ privacy. Your trust is important to us.
The data we process falls into the following categories: data provided by users; data observed from the use of online services; and data derived with the help of analytics.
We use the data for recruitment, customer service and marketing communications.We process all personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (the General Data Protection Regulation).
- What are personal details?
- Who is responsible for the appropriate processing of your personal details?
- What do we do with your personal details?
- What types of personal data do we collect, process and use?
- With whom do we share personal details and why?
- Is personal data transferred to other countries?
- What else do we do to protect your personal details?
- How long do we retain personal details?
- What choices can you make in relation to data protection?
- Why do we send you emails?
- Links to other websites
- How are changes to the website’s privacy statement communicated?
- Contact details
1. What are personal details?
The expression, “personal details”, used herein refers to any type of data related to you as a user of our website, regardless of whether you provide the data yourself or whether it is collected from you or obtained in any other way.
2. Who is responsible for the appropriate processing of your personal details?
As the provider of the website, Amerplast is the controller responsible for all of the personal data about you that we store, collect, process and obtain in connection with your use of the website or in other ways.
3. What do we do with your personal details?
We only collect, process and use your personal details for the following purposes:
- Recruitment – if you have provided your details yourself on our recruitment page
- Administration, operation, maintenance and development of our website
- Enabling us to respond to inquiries, questions and requests that you submit on the website
- Enabling us to develop the website, our marketing, products and services in order to make them more individualised
- Offering you information about products and services that may interest you via various marketing channels, such as emails and newsletters, social media, online advertising and search engine advertising, including sending promotional material related to the sale of products and services targeted at you specifically (direct marketing)
- Managing rewards, studies, prize draws, competitions and other activities and events related to sales promotions
- Complying with statutory requirements, prevent the unlawful use of the website, resolve disputes and enforce contracts
- For other purposes specifically approved by you and in other ways permitted by the law
We will request your consent as required by law before collecting, processing and using your personal details for the purposes stated above. If we want to use your personal details for a new or different purpose, we will inform you, and we will only use your details for such purposes when the law requires or permits such usage or when you have consented to such usage. Only a limited number of Amerplast’s employees have access to your personal details for the purposes stated above. These people are restricted by their user groups (e.g., HR, marketing, sales, support functions, IT services).
4. What types of personal data do we collect, process and use?
The personal details we collect, process and use in relation to the use of the website include the details that we actively collect when you use the website, as well as information that you voluntarily provide to us in various contexts (such as when you complete online forms). For this reason, we cannot provide an exhaustive list of all of the possible personal information that we collect, process and use.
Generally, such personal details include the following:
- Name and address
- Contact details (phone number, email address, etc.)
- If applicable, your company’s name, address, department, contact details and other details, along with your position within the company
- Your Amerplast customer number
- Business ID
- Your IP address, operating system, browser type, version and settings, the name of your internet service provider and other information related to hardware and to the connection as required for determining the device type, establishing a connection to the website, enabling data transfer between you and the device, and ensuring the appropriate use of the website
- The URL and IP addresses of the website that you arrived from or that directed you to our website, as well as the date and time
- The sub-pages and links you open on our website, as well as the date and time
- Comprehensive information about the website and the URL addresses you use via the website, as well as the date and time
- Requests for quotes and contact, as well as other forms of feedback
- Newsletter subscriptions
- Search terms used
- The services and products that you view or search for on the website
- Information collected by cookies and equivalent technologies (specified in the following section)
- The content of communications sent via the website, including information related to the website’s social media publications or information shared with Amerplast in other ways and all other information that you provide or upload to the website (such as information on online forms)
“Cookies” are small amounts of data that the website transfers to your computer’s hard drive in the form of very small text files. Cookies are used to store information. “Cookies” can facilitate the use of the website by saving your preferences related to using the website. “Cookies” do not identify users, although they identify the user’s computer. Pixel tags (online trackers, web bugs and transparent GIF files) may also be used by us and by third parties on our website and in our emails.
Pixel tags are indiscernible single-pixel graphical images on websites or in emails.The following details are collected by us and by third parties using cookies, pixel tags and other equivalent technologies: your actions related to our website, newsletters and adverts; confirmation that you have opened an email received from us, as well as the time of opening and details about the links in the message that you may have clicked; the websites that you visited after leaving our website.
We may collect your personal details directly via our social media pages, which include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and others. The websites that host our social media pages may also collect personal details. Our privacy statement does not apply to the data protection and information security practices of the social media sites used by Amerplast.
We use advertising agencies working as third parties to offer online advertising targeted to you on other websites. These third-party advertising agencies use technology such as cookies and pixel tags to obtain information about how you use our website and other websites. Information based on your use of our website and other websites helps us to select suitable forms of advertising and suitable advertising locations.
Amerplast uses the following cookie types and technologies related to the website:
6. With whom do we share personal details and why?
We may share your personal data with third parties and within the Amerplast Group for the purposes stated above. We do not sell, exchange, lease, disclose or otherwise share your personal details in any other way than described herein or expressly agreed with you (for example, if you consent to other forms of data transfer when you begin using the service). We may collect information that is related to customers’ use of the website and that helps us to develop our website. For example, we may study the collected data to determine which parts of our website are used by customers the most. Amerplast may offer compiled statistical information about customers, sales, website traffic and other information related to the website to third parties, but this statistical information does not enable individuals to be identified. Your personal details, such as your name and email address, will not be used in these studies. We carefully comply with applicable legislation when we share personal details.
The potential recipients of your personal details are:
- Other Amerplast Group companies and Amerplast’s partners: we may share your personal details with other Amerplast Group companies (such as Amerplast’s marketing organisations responsible for local websites) and our partners on justified grounds (for example, when a partner provides some of the services you have ordered, such as email services) and the law permits this information to be shared. The consent required by law is obtained when you approve the sharing of your personal details or if applicable law permits or requires the information to be shared.
- Third-party service providers: we may use third-party service providers (companies or individuals from whom we purchase services) to carry out certain duties on our behalf in accordance with our instructions. These include database administration, service maintenance, network analysis, responding to contact, delivering, posting and emailing orders, deleting superfluous repetitions from databases, analysing information and assisting in sales and marketing. Third-party service providers may include IT companies, companies providing legal services and financial advice, and other consultants. Third-party service providers will only have access to the personal details that they need to discharge their specified tasks, and the details will only be used for these tasks. We ensure that third-party service providers are aware of these commitments and comply with them. In addition, we ensure that all third-party service providers process your personal details with at least the minimum due care required by applicable data protection laws and that they take appropriate technical and organisational security measures.
- Courts, enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities: we may share your personal details when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law to protect our website or safeguard the rights and security of other users or third parties (such as actions related to preventing fraud). This may also be applied without restriction when we are required to disclose personal data by law or due to an order by a court, enforcement agency or regulatory authority. We carefully determine the permitted disclosure of personal data in all such circumstances, and we pay special attention to the impact that disclosing personal data may have on the person concerned. If we decide to disclose personal data in these circumstances, we also consider using means that enable the disclosure to be restricted – an example of this is editing the disclosed data.
- Buyers: we may sell our website or business in whole or in part as we are constantly developing our business. In the event of such a transaction, user details generally remain part of the saleable assets of the company, but they are subject to pledges in accordance with the privacy statement unless you agree otherwise.
7. Is personal data transferred to other countries?
We do not generally transfer data outside the EU or the EEA. If we transfer data outside the EU or the EEA, we take care to ensure an adequate standard of personal data protection by means such as agreeing on matters related to the confidentiality and processing of personal data in the manner required by legislation.
The data protection laws in force in other countries will not necessarily protect your personal data as effectively as the corresponding laws in the EU or the EEA. For example, if you use our website outside the aforementioned areas, the data recipient may not necessarily be a secure country in accordance with the European Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) or the Swiss Federation’s data protection law.
8. What else do we do to protect your personal details?
Amerplast understands the importance of information security and it aims to make the website, disclosures of personal details via recruitment adverts and submitting contact requests on forms as secure as possible. We take reasonable protective and precautionary measures to protect your personal data, including technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised use, misuse, modification, unauthorised or random destruction of data and accidental deletion online and off the network.
We hope that you will understand that while we strive to protect your personal data from potential risks and hazards, absolute security cannot be guaranteed when operating online. For this reason, we request that you contribute to promoting information security by refraining from disclosing any particularly sensitive or unnecessary details on our website.
9. How long do we retain personal details?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than required or permitted by the legal purpose of use for which the data was collected, the operating methods applying to data retention or applicable legislation.
10. What choices can you make in relation to data protection?
You can make several choices in relation to the collection, processing, use and purpose of use of your data. These include the following:
- You can use our website and its functions and features anonymously or pseudonymously unless it is absolutely necessary to identify you.
- You can completely prohibit certain personal details from being disclosed, especially when we request your consent to collect details.
- At any time, you can change or revoke all prior consent that you have granted in relation to data protection (for example, you can cancel a newsletter subscription or request the deletion of all of the information you provided on a recruitment form).
- At any time, you can prohibit your personal details from being used for marketing purposes.
11. Why do we send you emails?
We may send you emails in the following circumstances:
- You have signed up to receive the newsletter or other marketing communications from us.
- You have filled in a job advert and we are informing you of matters related to recruitment.
- You have sent us a message and we are replying.
We want to send you bulletins, data protection notifications or other important information applying to our users. If you receive our newsletters and you want to stop receiving marketing communications, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions included at the end of each newsletter or by contacting us, following the instructions in the “Contact us” section below.
12. Links to other websites
Our website may have links to other sites. We do not monitor the sites we link to. Visit these sites at your own risk. Amerplast cannot take any responsibility, nor can it be held liable for damages under law, for such websites or the content or data security practices thereof, nor do we accept any such responsibility or liability. We ask that you familiarise yourself with the privacy statements on these websites before you disclose any personal details.
13. How are changes to the website’s privacy statement communicated?
Our business is constantly changing, which is why our website’s privacy statement must be revised from time to time. We will publish the new version of the privacy statement on our website. The new version can be easily identified by referring to the version information in the header. If you continue using the website after the new version of the privacy statement is published, you will be considered to have accepted the new version.
14. Contact details
Your feedback is always welcome. Contact us if you have any concerns or anything else to ask about our privacy statement or protecting your privacy online. You can also contact us if you want to know which of your personal details we are storing or if you want to update, correct or delete your personal details or prevent them from being used in the future, or if you want to revoke consent that you have previously granted.
Phone: +358 10 214 200